Entry Deadline: January 24, 2020
Rise & Shine.
You’ve met the client’s strategic objectives.
Demonstrated your creativity.
Now your work deserves a chance to shine among the year’s best.
Benefits of Winning
- Winning a PINE Awards of Excellence is a powerful marketing tool!
- Improved client relations – if a piece you produced for a client wins, share the glory with them.
- Builds morale – shows your employees you value their work.
- Increased name recognition in the industry and with potential clients.
- Opportunities to gain new leads and win new business.
- Included in your Winner’s Kit:
o Exclusive use of the PINE Awards of Excellence logo on your website, social media networks, and printed materials (business cards, letterhead, notepads, etc.).
o Digital photo file of your winning entry for your website and social media networks (Pinnacle Award winners only).
o Press releases to clients, trade and business publications, newspapers, web sites, etc.
o Tout your wins in your company’s PrintAccess profile (PINE Members only).
o Winners are recognized on the PINE website, social media networks, in the newsletter and magazine.
o Free entry in Printing Industries of America’s Premier Print Awards (Pinnacle Award winners only).
o Additional Awards Order Form – order an additional award to present to your employees for their hard work or order an additional award to present to your clients.
Know a student in Graphics Arts?
Tell them to visit pine.org/awards to find out how they can enter their best work in the Awards of Excellence Student Competition!
Save the Date: Awards of Excellence Show
Join colleagues and friends to celebrate print and your success at the Awards of Excellence Show on Thursday, April 16, 2020 at the Sheraton Framingham Hotel & Conference Center in Framingham, Massachusetts. Following the reception, Awards will be presented. It’s an exciting night that you won’t want to miss!
How to Submit Entries
- Talk with your employees – they can provide great input on which pieces to enter.
- Talk with your clients – you may have done some of your best work for them and need permission to enter their piece.
- Choose two samples of each entry and review for imperfections.
- Carefully consider the categories you enter. If you think the piece would do better in a less competitive category, then enter it there.
- Go to pine.org/awards and complete the form using full names for clients, entry titles, etc. Please check spelling, spacing, punctuation, etc. If the entry wins, the information you provided will be used to generate your award.
- Print out your packing slips.
- Attach packing slips to matching entries.
- Do not use staples or tape to attach packing slips directly to entries.
- Please keep a copy of your packing slips for your records.
- Package your entries carefully — don’t let your outstanding work become damaged in transit.
o Provide plenty of padding when packing entries.
o Consider sending several smaller packages instead of one or two large ones.
o Pack entries of similar weights together.
- Send to: Attention: PINE Awards of Excellence, PINE, 5 Crystal Pond Road, Southborough, MA 01772-1758
Rules, Judging & Notification of Winners
- Entries must have been produced in a New England state between January 1, 2019 and December 1, 2019.
- Entries must reach the PINE office, no later than 5 p.m. on Friday, Jan. 24, 2020.
- The printer submitting the entry must have performed the majority of the press work in the category being judged. Binding & Finishing companies are eligible to enter categories relating only to the production process.
- The same piece may be entered in more than one category provided it meets the requirement of each category entered.
- Entries from companies of all sizes are treated equally. Divisions ensure that like-sized companies compete against one another. Division I: 1 – 20 Employees, Division II: 21 – 50 Employees, Division III: 51 – 100 Employees, Division IV: 101+ Employees
- Judges are an impartial panel of national experts with more than 20 years in the graphic arts and printing industry.
- Only those pieces exhibiting technical superiority are considered and judges eliminate any pieces with obvious flaws, such as hickeys, streaking, hazing, scratches, mottling, slurring, etc.
- PINE reserves the right to re-categorize any entry if it is determined that it would be judged more fairly.
- • Winners will be notified via email after judging is completed in mid-February and will receive a Winner’s Kit that includes marketing materials and an order form for the purchase of additional awards. Awards will be presented to winners at the Awards of Excellence Gala on Thursday, April 16 at the Sheraton Framingham Hotel & Conference Center in Framingham, MA.
Contact PINE’s Program Coordinator, Jocelyn Gregory at 508-804-4132 or email@example.com.