With OSHA inspections on the rise it’s more important than ever to comply with regional, state and federal regulations to ensure a safe and productive workplace.
PINE provides technical and regulatory expertise on environmental and safety issues to members who do not have those capabilities on staff.
PINE also assists safety managers, safety committees and staff at member firms on a variety of topics ranging from air emissions permitting, permit renewals, mandatory testing, hazardous waste handling and disposal, safety training and more.
PINE works closely with state environmental departments and federal agencies such as OSHA to minimize and eliminate workplace hazards.
In the event of an investigatory action from a governmental agency, PINE assists members in on-site remedial efforts as well as negotiations or follow up to any sanction or fine that has been levied.
As the regional industry’s expert authority on the impact of environmental regulations on print manufacturing, PINE is often invited by various agencies to participate in the rulemaking process. PINE offers input that maintains environmental and safety standards while also ensuring that printers have operational flexibility that encourages business growth.
Value to Members:
- Safety audits that identify potential problems
- Simplification of environmental rules and regulations
- Regular updates of regulatory changes
- Job hazard analysis assistance and remediation
- Technical guidance on hazardous waste management
- Air permit management/emissions calculations help
- Member advocacy at regulatory and enforcement agencies
- Employee Safety Training
- OSHA Compliance Assistance
- On-Site and Telephone Consulting
Contact Christine Hagopian at 508-804-4152 for assistance.
Clean Rentals & More is a valued family owned, PINE endorsed partner that supports the industry and our members through competitive pricing and top notch, environmentally sensitive service. Clean Rentals & More provides wiping towels, uniforms and apparel, floor mats and sorbents. Members experience a high level of customer service, receive quality woven towels, and receive a high level of customer commitment from the management of Clean Rentals. Additionally, towels are laundered in an environmentally-sound manner.
- Environmentally sound processes.
- Locally cleaned towels. Towels are cleaned at their state-of-the-art laundry facility in New Bedford, MA. Transportation costs are lower keeping towel pricing competitive.
- Accurate towel counts. Instead of weighing towel drums, towels are hand-counted ensuring accurate usage and accounting.
- Bar Code Tracking of Uniforms. Clean Uniforms and More! developed their own proprietary bar-code tracking system ensuring no garments are lost.
- Oversight by PINE
Contact Clean Uniforms and More! President Mark Bodzioch at 508-996-3333 for additional information.
To assist our members in determining the carbon footprint of their operation, Printing Industries of America has developed an Excel-based tool, available free to members, that is specifically designed for calculating Scope I and II emissions of a printing operation. More
PINE members receive significant discounts on SGP Certification fees.
Founded in 2008, the Sustainable Green Printing Partnership (SGP) is an independent, non-profit organization providing a certification label for sustainability in the graphic communications industry. SGP is the industry standard for the certification and continuous improvement of sustainability and best practices within print manufacturing operations.
The organization was initiated by Printing Industries Association (PIA), Specialty Graphic Imaging Association (SGIA), Flexographic Technical Association (FTA) and National Association of Printing Ink Manufacturers (NAPIM). As a PINE member you are also a member of Printing Industries of America and eligible to receive significant discounts on SGP certification fees.
For more information about applying to the SGP Partnership program, visit www.sgppartnership.org.