Environmental Affairs & Safety
With OSHA inspections on the rise it’s more important than ever to comply with regional, state and federal regulations to ensure a safe and productive workplace.
PINE provides technical and regulatory expertise on environmental and safety issues to members who do not have those capabilities on staff.
PINE also assists safety managers, safety committees and staff at member firms on a variety of topics ranging from air emissions permitting, permit renewals, mandatory testing, hazardous waste handling and disposal, safety training and more.
PINE works closely with state environmental departments and federal agencies such as OSHA to minimize and eliminate workplace hazards.
In the event of an investigatory action from a governmental agency, PINE assists members in on-site remedial efforts as well as negotiations or follow up to any sanction or fine that has been levied.
As the regional industry's expert authority on the impact of environmental regulations on print manufacturing, PINE is often invited by various agencies to participate in the rulemaking process. PINE offers input that maintains environmental and safety standards while also ensuring that printers have operational flexibility that encourages business growth.
Value to Members:
- Safety audits that identify potential problems
- Simplification of environmental rules and regulations
- Regular updates of regulatory changes
- On-site training
- Job hazard analysis assistance & remediation
- Technical guidance on hazardous waste management
- Air permit management/emissions calculations help
- Member advocacy at regulatory & enforcement agencies